My 25 random things
Posted on January 31, 2009
I got tagged with this one on Facebook:
“Once you have been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things about yourself.”
So here goes:
1. I’m originally from Devon.
2. I grew up on a council estate.
3. Even though my family moved away from there when I was 12, I’ve still got a slight West Country accent (especially when I say words like bath, grass or apple, or should I say baaaath, graaaaass or aaaaapple).
4. My children think this is hilarious: don’t ask me why.
5. I was in the maypole dancing team at primary school.
6. When I was at primary school I performed in a country dancing display at the Devon County Show.
7. After we moved away other kids would often ask me if my dad was a farmer.
8. Or an American…..
9. I dropped out of Sheffield Poly at the start of my second year.
10. Consequently, I don’t have a degree.
11. I’ve worked as a supermarket cashier.
12. I’ve worked as a cleaner.
13. I’ve even worked as an Avon lady.
14. I was once refused a pregnancy test by a male GP on the grounds that I was “too young” (I was 21 at the time) and not married (hubbie and I were “just living together” back then) and “far too many young women these days blah blah blah.”
15. My oldest daughter was born about 8 months later.
16. I had all 4 of my children before I was 30.
17. I have an older brother and sister.
18. I used to have really long hair (and yes, there are photos: and no, you will never see them).
19. I was caught smoking by my mum when I was 12.
20. I managed to stop for a few years, but started again when I was 16.
21. Once on a demo I was carted off by 4 police officers, one on each limb.
22. Everyone thought I was being arrested: so they hurled abuse.
23. In fact a load of people had fallen over in the crush, and I was at the bottom of the pile. The police probably saved my life.
24. I’ve signed the Official Secrets Act.
25. I have a lot of gall, but no gall bladder.